Apple recently released iOS 17, the latest version of its operating system designed to run on the iPhone. The update brings new features to enhance the things users do every day, including updates to Phone, Messages, and FaceTime that give users new ways to express themselves as they communicate.
The update is available on iPhone XR/XS and later models. Here are some of the major updates in iOS 17 and how brands can leverage these changes to make communication with users more intuitive:
New Features in iOS 17:
- Contact Posters: Users can now create a contact poster that can be shared with others via AirDrop, Messages, or email. This feature is useful for sharing contact information quickly and easily.
- NameDrop: Users can now mention someone's name in a group chat to notify them directly. This feature is useful for getting someone's attention in a group chat without having to send a separate message.
- StandBy: This feature allows users to set their iPhone to automatically enter StandBy mode when they place it face down on a flat surface. This can help conserve battery life and prevent accidental touches.
- Live Voicemail: Users can now leave a live voicemail message that the recipient can listen to as it's being recorded. This feature is useful for leaving urgent messages that require immediate attention.
- Siri Voice Recognition: iOS 17 features a new Siri voice recognition model that is more accurate and responsive than previous versions. This can help users get more accurate results when using Siri.
- Autocorrect and Dictation: iOS 17 includes huge improvements to autocorrect and dictation, making it easier for users to type and speak accurately.
How Brands Can Leverage These Changes:
- Contact Posters: Brands can create contact posters that include their contact information and share them with customers via AirDrop, Messages, or email. This can help customers quickly and easily get in touch with the brand.
- NameDrop: Brands can use NameDrop to notify customers directly in a group chat. For example, a brand could use NameDrop to notify customers of a new product launch or a special promotion.
- StandBy: Brands can encourage customers to use StandBy mode to conserve battery life and prevent accidental touches. This can help improve the user experience and reduce frustration.
- Live Voicemail: Brands can use Live Voicemail to leave urgent messages that require immediate attention. For example, a brand could use Live Voicemail to notify customers of a time-sensitive sale or promotion.
- Siri Voice Recognition: Brands can optimize their content for Siri voice recognition to improve the user experience. For example, a brand could ensure that its website or app is optimized for voice search.
- Autocorrect and Dictation: Brands can optimize their content for autocorrect and dictation to improve the user experience. For example, a brand could ensure that its website or app is optimized for voice input.
In conclusion, iOS 17 brings new features that can help brands make communication with users more intuitive. By leveraging these changes, brands can improve the user experience and build stronger relationships with their customers.